Funny story: Chris Griffith, a lead sourcer for the talent acquisition team in the UK, dreamed of working for Aon – literally. In 2006, after dreaming that he was working for the firm, Chris visited the Aon careers site and found an ideal position – which had just been posted. Fate or coincidence? You decide.
“Ever since I walked through the doors of Aon on my first day, I’ve been challenged – opportunities have constantly existed to grow and develop my career. This has been supported by a great environment and fantastic people around me.”
Chris started his Aon career in internal recruitment and was then promoted to manage two recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) clients in the UK. Chris’ natural attraction to helping clients and a strong understanding of the Aon businesses gave him the right foundation to grow his career.
Chris chose Aon for several reasons:
- • Aon is a large, market-leading organization that would offer the opportunities, challenges and the supportive environment to progress his career.
- • The people Chris met during his recruitment and on-boarding process in Aon were exceptional, making him feel engaged from the start.
- • Aon has offices throughout the UK and globally, many with flexible working arrangements and the technology to perform his role anywhere.
“During the first four years working for Aon – I supported and gained knowledge in Aon Risk Solutions, Aon Hewitt and Aon Benfield…The variety and complexity of the work was very exciting and challenging, the people around me were thought leaders and my career progressed.”
In 2010, Chris changed his career direction, joining the Affinity division of Aon Risk Solutions – to support future clients interested in forming Affinity programs and insurance partnerships. Chris spent extensive time with clients all around the UK, listening to their needs and working with various teams within Aon to form insurance solutions. Though he really enjoyed the role, his passion was in talent, so he returned to the global talent acquisition team in April 2013.
“Rejoining Aon’s talent team was very exciting. On a daily basis I talk to colleagues in the U.S., India, Canada and around the globe. The aim is to help implement, imbed and unite Aon’s global sourcing strategy. This includes head-hunting key positions, social media attraction and proactively securing the best talent available for Aon.”
What makes Aon special?
• United and unique: The word Aon is Celtic for “oneness” and it fits – Chris feels a sense of being part of a family here. The global sponsorship with Manchester United played a role in setting a united theme through the firm.
- • Thought leaders: We are the global leaders in risk and people, helping us attract the best talent in the market. It’s a pleasure to deal with the vast array of thought leaders here at Aon.
- • Progressive: Aon continues to grow, bolstering its strengths with acquisitions such as Benfield and Hewitt and delivering strong results.
- • Social: Chris has played football, fished and played golf for Aon. As a very social, sporting and competitive person, Aon suits Chris well.
Chris is a casual Liverpool FC supporter but will occasionally wear a Manchester United football kit when he plays for team Aon, although this pains him.
He always has the time to connect and talk to people via LinkedIn – he an avid and open networker with 20,000 LinkedIn connections, so please feel free to connect with Chris on LinkedIn. Ask him about talent acquisition and about Aon – the subjects never get old for Chris!